Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Monday, January 27, 2003

I have this really great opportunity to be listed as a co-author on a paper in JAMA, but at the moment I feel like it's only as a result of my boss being nice to me and trying to give me my first publication. That's what it feels like - a gift. And while I certainly appreciate the opportunity, and feel that I've earned the opportunity, I also want to earn the credit. I s'pose it's hard for me to tell, since I don't actually know what constitutes an "intellectual contribution," and I'm probably just being negative because I can't get my stupid code to work...guess I'm just feeling immensely frustrated, and on a grander scale, since if it were only homework, it would only be my grade that suffers, rather than the analytical integrity of a published paper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home