Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Sunday, June 04, 2006

RENT

The touring production was in town this weekend and went to see the last show tonight with some friends. God, I'd forgotten just how much I fucking love that show! Oh, and there was this awesome moment during the first full musical number when all of us in the 'cheap' balcony seats flooded down to the $45 seats that were half-empty. We stuck around afterwards and met some of the cast and Janette even came over to ask me if I was ok - I must have just been standing there grinning like an idiot I was so damn happy. I just love the idea that these people get to make a living doing what they love, and as exhausting as it must be to come off two shows in one day and pile onto a bus headed for the next town, it also has to be pretty awesome to walk out the stage door to a cheering crowd. They waded right in and signed autographs and gave hugs and took pictures. It was just so sweet and endearing. And of course made me think of all my theater friends, so I promptly came home and called Christine, Seth, Beth, and Ken (the Ford kids turned Chicago kids). I haven't seen or spoken to any of them since I flew out there two years ago (except that Beth and Christine left a drunken version of Without You on my voicemail last Thanksgiving after they went out to see the movie version; what can I say? communication isn't our strong point).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home