Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Sunday, July 02, 2006

28 Days

I've always thought that this little-known movie was some of Sandra Bullock's best work, and after treating myself to the dvd today at Target ($5!) I was pleasantly surprised by the work they did to include extras. They've even created several little vignettes of Santa Cruz, the soap opera all the movie characters are obsessed with. One of my pet peeves is when movies are released to dvd without anything else. I know a lot of times the extras are lame (9 times out of 10 those scenes were deleted for a reason) but it's nice whenever a company really takes advantage of the technology.

Also purchased today - one large tan messenger bag, to which I've added my favorite patch, one that I've been carrying around for years, looking for the right place to put it. It's got multi-colored stripes and says "No one wants to fight patriarchy alone. Make friends." (purchased here) Stitched it on myself while watching Ten Things I Hate About You, for the zillionth time (mmmm...baby Heath Ledger...well, not quite as baby as Roar).

Right. So the mood improved and I managed to venture out of the house a bit and still leave plenty of quality couch time.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll agree with you on 28 days. I never suspected that alcoholism could be that funny!

(Though even now, I panic a little every time I accidentally kill a plant! I think, however, that my thumb has greened enough for a dog.)

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh right.

Sincerely,
Sid.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Me too! But I keep hoping that my 5 successful years with Cleo will counteract any possible negative relationship karma from the death of houseplants.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home