Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Is this really true? I have to confess to being a bad citizen and seriously sitting out, well, almost the entirety of the economic crisis. I know, I know, I should be well-informed, and probably up in arms about something, but, well, dissertation and all that! That's a good excuse, right? Anyway, seriously?

It's like someone showed them a flowchart. Once. And only for a few seconds. And refused to explain it. My editor Ann Friedman just walked into the room. "It looks like they're building a budget molecule," she said.

A budget molecule. Maybe that's what they were doing.


I mean, I'm all for schadenfreude when it comes to the Republican party, but are they melting down?

2 Comments:

Blogger Sid said...

Why would Republicans make a budget? Making an actual counter-proposal would leave them open for criticism... its easy to talk about small government and lower taxes, but difficult to tell someone that their desired service is what we're going to sacrifice in order to achieve that goal.

They just want to SAY that democrats aren't supporting their fluff-filled ad (I mean, "budget"). It's pretty much made-for-tv bullshit.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Stephen said...

Well, they're talking about having an actual vote on their vaguely-budgetlike-entity, so they're going to eventually have to provide specifics. Even if they don't have it scored, I'd hope the administration has the CBO say what the deficit looks like. Dropping the 28%, 33% and 35% down to 25% isn't going to be offset by eliminating NPR and PBS (don't forget foreign aid!), so I'd think Obama would love to be able to say "they complain about my deficit - look at theirs!"

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home