Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Saturday, March 06, 2010

Feeling like a banker

Real world jobs are weird. So are bonuses. Apparently, the money that a company sets aside for bonuses can only be spent on bonuses. The company board can choose to give or not give bonuses to various employees, as recommended by managers, but evidently, they can't reallocate those funds to pay for, say, the position that was just eliminated and the person who consequently just got laid off.

So I'm feeling sort of ambivalent about it. But I'm hardly complaining. Thanks to this unexpected check I can pay my taxes and hit a new order of magnitude in my savings account (the check isn't that big - I was close to my goal and it's putting me over the edge). Which means for the first time ever, the Oh Shit plan doesn't immediately involve moving back home with the parents. Whoa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home