Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Tuesday, April 08, 2003

Well, so far we're tied at one vote for gut and one vote for head. The slightly longer explanation of my dilemma goes like this:

I'm pretty sure that I want to go to Emory, I feel like I fit in with the attitude of the profs and students of that department more than at UNC. But the dept. at UNC is pretty much unequivocally better, so I feel like I *should* go there. Not that Emory has a bad department, it's just younger and smaller and second tier. I feel like it's also hungrier, and therefore more likely to continue to climb in the rankings and improve its reputation. But what if I'm wrong? I don't have a lot of faith in my judgement. And it's not like I'd be *unhappy* in Chapel Hill, I just think I'd be *less* happy. But I guess the fact that I spent half an hour today searching the internet for apartments in Atlanta, I've already made up my mind. Much as I'd like to pretend that I haven't. Still, I'd really love to hear other's opinions on the matter, if for no other reason than to do a better job of justifying my decision to myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home