Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Sunday, April 13, 2003

"You find magic in your God and we find magic everywhere"

That quote is totally unrelated to anything I was thinking of writing about, but The Christians and the Pagans by Dar Williams just cycled through on my playlist, and I always liked that quote, so there it is.

Anyway...making my graduate school decision even more official than the e-mails and mailing the little post cards - I told my parents. I can tell that Dad is a little disappointed, but I think that stems more from him having already imagined how nice it would be to have an excuse to visit Chapel Hill if I went to UNC than out of any feeling that I've made a mistake. Talked to Grandad about it too (he said I couldn't go wrong, both schools are good) and it was fun and a little weird to hear him talk about how much he hated having to learn about Fourier transforms.

In other totally unrelated news, owing taxes totally sucks. I've been spoiled the last many years because I make so little money that I always get my taxes back. But since half my income this year came from independent contract work that didn't take taxes out of each paycheck, I owe everything all at once. Boo.

That's all. A few other barely formed thoughts bouncing around up there, but I think it's more important that I get some sleep...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home