Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Saturday, May 24, 2003

le sigh. So we're going through this whole packing up all our stuff, selling our furniture, cleaning, and moving out of the apt thing. And I'm trying really hard to avoid making one of my Dad's speeches about having a certain responsibility to your family and pulling your own weight and blah blah blah. And it hasn't happened yet, so perhaps I'm just starting to worry for no reason at all. I just can't help but fear that one of my roommates is going to be kind of half-assed about all the stuff that we need to get done in the next few days. She keeps qualifying everything with, "well, I still have a lot of work to do." Which is completely true and something I'm sympathetic to, since I'm in the same boat. It's just that I can imagine us all waking up Monday morning, ready to have a yard sale and clean the shit out of this place so we can get our security deposit back, and her backing out of half the work because she needs to go to her office or something. I really hope I'm wrong. And I really don't want to be annoyed with her right here at the end, because I love her and I hate when things end badly right before starting long distance friendships. It's just that I know her. And she ate all my chips and salsa this morning and didn't even put any of it away either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home