Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Friday, June 27, 2003

Ok, so this post will be out of order with the others, since I have aspirations of one day cutting and pasting the journal that I've been keeping on my laptop, but I left my computer at Matt's house while I'm here in Brooklyn visiting Carrie, and I just have to say something about last night. We went to a Vic Thrill (aka Billy Campion, formerly of the Bog Men) show last night, on a boat, and it was FUCKING AMAZING! I am a total convert now. Carrie had played some stuff for me before, and I thought it was all right, but the show was just mind blowing. We got on this boat, tooled out under all the bridges and stopped right in front of the statue of liberty. It was beautiful. Then we all headed to the front of the boat where we all jumped around and grinned like idiots so they could shoot a video for one of Vic Thrill's songs. Then he did a set, and it was one of the best shows I've seen in a while. Just a genuinely good time, watching a guy who clearly absolutely loves what he's doing, doing it with absolute passion and energy. The whole crowd just danced like crazy the entire time, despite nearly 100 degree weather. Came home around 2 am just bathed in sweat, but still glowing. Well, now that Carrie is out of the shower guess it's time to go get myself cleaned up so we can go to Columbia's booksale this afternoon...hopefully more later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home