Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Thursday, July 10, 2003

Saw more of Devon tonight than I ever desired...which was...unexpected. (on a somewhat related tangent, realized just how much I like Devon. Anyone who cares about Jennings as much as he clearly does is all right in my book) Tonight is the last night of my road trip. Heading back home to the parents in Charleston tomorrow. Which is a little weird after very nearly three weeks on the road. S'pose Jennings's place feels just a little too much like home, since I sort of forgot to phone the parents to let them know I'm in Pitts, it doesn't feel at all like I've been here for almost 5 days, and much as I know it'll be lovely to be home tomorrow evening, I don't really feel the need to head home or the exhaustion or craziness I was expecting to experience at the end of the trip. Not that I'm complaining. Merely an observation.

In other Pitts news, I (finally) got to see Nick this week. (will probably include far too many details in this post, end up feeling somewhat passive aggressive, and no doubt will edit this post once become more sober) Arrived in Pitts Monday evening, dinner with Jennings, Rosenfeld, Timmy, and Devon. Then back to JL and Devon's for drinks and to meet up with Nick, then out for more drinking on the Southside. Lots of fun, too many beers and one broken glass later, we're all back (minus Timmy and Devon, who had to get up early for work) at JL's to watch XXX (ps - excellent drinking game for this movie - drink once each time you see his XXX tattoo; particularly effective if seen movie before and can claim to see tattoo anytime he turns his head). Thoroughly enjoyable evening by all accounts, which actually turned into thoroughly enjoyable night and early morning (bed around 6 am). Sparing unnecessary details, somehow ended up not meeting up with Nick for remainder of week. Roughly 60%-70% of brain (hey, I'm a statistician, I really do think this way) is ok with this, heard that familiar note of kindness in his voice over the phone, am confident that we both care about each other, and understand that both of us were only in town for a week and had many other obligations/complications/people to see. The remaining 30%-40% of my brain occasionally wins out in the self-confidence battle, and it frets that I am being avoided. Carrie provides perhaps the best explanation, but I don't particularly feel like getting into that now. Will only say that when the majority of my brain wins the self-confidence battle, I believe her. Le sigh. Realize that this post is highly imperfect, vague, and misleading. Decide that don't particularly care all that much since this one is mostly my (somewhat) drunken brain attempting to sort things out. Had a really lovely conversation with Carrie this evening that really helped with most of the sorting out, but clearly must still be thinking over things since felt impulse to post. There, that's as much of a disclaimer as you get.

Saw Pirates of the Caribbean yesterday. Five words - Orlando Bloom Johnny Depp Eyeliner. That's really all you need to see the movie. Though it is enjoyable for other reasons as well, not the least of which is the well choreographed fight scenes. (and the monkey! Kate - I nearly died laughing half-way through as my brain kept insisting on repeating, "The monkey's been shot!")

Have done plently of other things over the past 3 weeks, some of which have been dutifully mentioned here, others which have been unfortunately omitted (at least for the time being). All that I can hope is that perhaps after I land back in WV I'll sit down and write up a proper account of my road trip. Though I wouldn't hold my breath...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home