Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Monday, January 19, 2004

Dilemma (part II)

Perhaps I should clarify my previous post a bit. When I say the group assumed that I'm gay, and I did not correct them, I don't mean that any member of the group asked point blank what my orientation is or if I'm involved with someone or anything like that. Rather, blanket statements were made about the LGBT community with an implied "that's us." It seemed inappropriate and out of place at that moment to be like, um, I'm straight. The reason I'm sort of torn about what to do is because bringing up my sexuality seems to imply that I expect them to be confused by/have a problem with a straight person being a member of a group working for LGBT rights. That was a very convoluted sentence. Read it again, hopefully it makes sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home