Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Friday, April 23, 2004

Nose ring

It's a term coined by one of April's friends and means a non-sexual crush, typically on someone you don't know very well, but would like to know better. Like a new acquaintance whom you find very cool and witty and hope will become a close friend. Or a professor whom you admire and hope will become a mentor. It's a terribly useful term. And it just occurred to me a couple of days ago that one of my professors might have a nose ring on me. And I think that's tremendously cool and flattering. At this point, let me stress the non-sexual part of that definition again (before anyone starts making fun of me like Carrie always did about Brian, who I now realize was a prime example of a nose ring). Anyway, I can't describe specifcally why I get that impression, it just seems like he thinks I'm smart and interesting and...I dunno, hopes I succeed or something. And I think he's interesting and he spent time in the epidemic investigative service, something I desperately hope to do some day, so he would be a good friend to have. And that's my story. I've hit a bit of a wall on page four of my influenza paper (not a bad start) so I'm vegging out with a dumb movie and good ol' George Killians in bed, hoping to start fresh tomorrow and pound out another 3-4 pages before dinner with TG and departing for the all-night bus ride to DC. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home