Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Doh! I've been memed.

1. What were three of the stupidest things you have done in your life?

a) just about anything I did my 14th year related to that boy upon whom I had such a raging crush. actually, just about anything I've ever done in relation to a boy I like. I hate to admit it, but I do dumb girlish things all the time when under the influence of a cute boy.

b) the one and only time I ever drove after consuming too much alcohol.

c) missed out on things due to fear

2. At the current moment, who has the most influence in your life?

Ah yes, I'll take the cheesy answer for this one too - my Dad. No big shock to anyone who knows me. He's one of the best examples of a good person that I have in my life. He's no longer the smartest person I know, but in my world, he still knows everything. And he's kind and passionate and sweetly and dorkily romantic with my Mom. And he's still the first person I call whenever I need advice about anything...well, almost anything.

3. If you were given a time machine that functioned, and you were allowed to only pick up to five people to dine with, who would you pick?

Thomas Jefferson - perhaps a bit of an ass, but with whom better to discuss how the hell to get our country back on track?
Eleanor Roosevelt - because every feminist needs a little inspiration now and again
Nellie Bly - in keeping with the feminist theme, and because when I was little I wanted to be a journalist just like her. Plus, how fun would it be to overhear any discussion between her and Eleanor?
Jonathan Mann - another one for inspiration, this time for human rights

4. If you had three wishes that were not supernatural, what would they be?

Well, since Carrie's friend already nailed universal health care, and she hit education, I'll go with

a) fulfillment of human rights all across the world
b) a truly fair, balanced, and independent media
c) a way for those who are not cut out for higher education to have rewarding careers that pay the bills

5. Someone is visiting your hometown/place where you live at the moment. Name two things you regret your city not having, and two things people should avoid.

a) enough things to do during the day. the best things about atlanta are bars and restaurants and other night time activities
b) a functional, useful public transportation system

a) the coke museum. lame and a rip-off
b) southern stereotypes. this ain't The South.

6. Name one event that has changed your life.

Deciding to change where I did my gymnastics training when I was 14. It was a huge decision for me at the time, and the ensuing discussions with my parents and coach were among the hardest things I've done in my life. Assessing my life up to that point, and weighing what was most important to me as far as gymnastics goals and friends and family and life outside the gym was incredibly difficult but a decision-making tool that I'm glad I gained early on.

7. Tag 5 people.

Ug, the worst part.

Overpoliticized
mallipoo
Scipio202
timshel
quenya_tattoo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home