Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Sunday, June 12, 2005

"I'm not broke/but you can see the cracks"

Well, that's over. I honestly have no idea whether I passed my exam or not, and won't find out for a month or two. But it's over, thank goodness, and I've survived, more or less intact. Actually, somewhat less, I think. I knew going in to this that it would be the hardest, most stressful thing I've ever done. Nonetheless, it pretty much knocked me on my ass. Once I get some distance from it, I think I'm going to have to spend some quality time trying to figure out why I was nearly broken by this thing. I'm still working through some of the lingering effects, like periodic panic attacks and the dreams about math that woke me up both mornings at Bonnaroo.

And speaking of Bonnaroo, I survived that too! In a much more positive, albeit dirtier and pinker way. (yes, Travers and I are so white that we can get sunburned on a mostly cloudy day and despite wearing long-sleeved raincoats most of the day) I'm not sure words can describe how amazing the experience was, but tomorrow I will give it a try (I did some journal-ing there, but there wasn't much downtime). For now, I need food and sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home