Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Like the first day of spring in Cleveland

Damn it feels good to feel good. Even my therapist looked at me on Wednesday and said, you just seem so calm today! And Thursday was a spectacular night - just a whole slew of us hanging out at a bar, drinking beer. It was like first year again. I think it had slipped past me that for nearly a year we have all been too busy for casual get togethers like that. Most often when we got the group together it was for a big, official party. Which, of course, is fun. But the random weeknight drinking is good too. We ended up a group of a dozen or more and bar hopped and put away pitcher after pitcher and walked back through Candler Park on the way home and drunkenly tossed ourselves around the playground. It's a miracle I didn't wake up even more sore than I did. Then last night Alex invited me over for dinner with some friends who were in town for the night and we ended up playing capture the flag around midnight in Inman Park. Again, running around barefoot in a public park, I'm incredibly lucky that the worst I did was superficially slice open my toe running over a rock. Between the running around like a twelve-year-old and biking to school (for the first time!) yesterday I'm a little slow climbing up and down the stairs in our new place today. Hopefully I can stretch and rest up a bit before the Out of the Darkness walk tomorrow.

4 Comments:

Blogger blithering moron said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch it, Blithering Moron... that's my city you're talking about. I rather like Cleveland, and I'll defend her honor if I have to...

Besides, it didn't smell like pee. It smelled like dead fish.

~Sid

12:28 AM  
Blogger blithering moron said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do, my dear Blithering Moron. But unlike my compatriots here and at flashtopian!, I am neither witty, entertaining, nor interesting. So, people dont read my blog.

In a way, that's reassuring. If people are reading, then you feel pressure to write for them instead of yourself.

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home