Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Monday, March 27, 2006

Money (again)

God, I'm tired of thinking about it, I'm sure you guys are tired of hearing about it. But this is a more fun little exercise - I was given a gift certificate for Target online as a thank you for some committee work that I did. So, given my current financial woes, the question is, should I be responsible (buy, say, some replacement head phones for my busted pair, a garden hose for the house, and maybe some extra bath towels) or indulge a bit (with, maybe the Firefly box set)?

4 Comments:

Blogger A White Bear said...

It depends how woeful your woes are. If you're really hurting, you can use it for serious things. Otherwise, you best honor the gift by giving yourself the gift they would have given you if only they'd known what secret pleasure you long for. Think: If I told the person who gave me this that I bought a [e.g., hose] with it, would they think, "Wow, if I'd known her better, that's just what I would have been proud to give her!"

8:48 PM  
Blogger Cor said...

Indulge! Your landlady should be buying a hose, not you, you can always wash bath towels, and well, new headphones can't cost that much can they? Or you could always get one serious thing and one indulgence.

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't mix and match? Buy some serious stuff and fun stuff? Is everything so expensive that it eats up the ENTIRE gift certificate?

!el Syd

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

an article for you to read:

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/local/14077677.htm

~Sid

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home