Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

BLARG! So, I'm a grader for all 300+ students in the intro bios lab. Which means that I spent the summer translating paper homework assignments to online forms, and setting up datasets and programs and generally trying to get the online site up and running so that things would run relatively smoothly once the semester started. Students should be able to complete their homework assignments and submit them online, and the online system should even grade them for me (!). Of course, there are problems. I knew there would be, everyone knew there would be, no matter how many times you vet something or try to think of every possibility, you're going to miss something. It's fine. I'm doing my job, everyone who matters knows I'm doing my job. And yet...and yet I feel all this responsibility, because I know how frustrated these poor students are right now and how much they're probably cursing my name because of technical difficulties. And it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if these students don't like me and don't understand the work that's been going on or why things are all fucked up now...but I feel tremendous guilt and responsibility anyway. Blarg, I say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home