Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Travel

Over a few e-mails, trying to coordinate schedules for a visit, my brother and I discovered that somehow we've become quite the world travelers (ok, him way more than me). Which is nice, but a little weird too. Almost like we're grown-ups or something. So tomorrow he leaves for MN, to scout out locations and events for clients at the upcoming Republican convention (don't freak* out, his job requires him to attend both conventions). This Friday I leave for a week in Boston, because the American Public Health Association's national meeting is a good excuse to hang out with April and visit my aunt (the brother was going to take the train up from DC and hang out with us too, but now he'll be in MN). He's spending the MLK recess in Puerto Rico. In February I head to San Francisco for the American Heart Association's Stroke Conference (and where, coincidentally, PC will also be attending a conference, so I get to see him too!). My brother will spend his President's Day recess where ever the Democratic convention is going to be held. We'll meet up for Easter, because he's treating me to a trip to FL (yay! the beach!) and then he's tentatively planning to spend Memorial Day in Prague or Budapest.


*I can't believe I'm confessing to this - there's a procedure in our statistical software, that does frequency tables, and is called, intuitively enough, proc freq. I swear, without even thinking, I initially typed freq instead of freak. I have been spending far too many hours coding.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you're in Boston, drop me a line if you want to get together for drinks or something.

Steve

9:05 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Steve - indeed I do! But I seem to have misplaced your contact info. Send me updated stuff (my Case address still reaches me - mep7) and I'll look you up when I get to town. I have a stats chapter dinner thing on Tuesday night, but if you're staying up to watch election results I'd especially enjoy beer and politics with you.

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sent you an email with my contact info, but in case you didn't get it, my email is {first initial}{last name} @hbs.edu

Steve

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home