Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Family

So my family has been here for nearly a week, and they're actually not driving me all that crazy. My brother and I still need to have words (I caught him in a bald faced lie, and need to confront him about it, and tell him that if our grown-up-sibling relationship is to progress, he has to stop lying to me), but the opportunity hasn't presented itself. Tonight was his 29th birthday, and one of my friends was gracious enough to not only join us in the festivities, but be our DD. Here are the highlights:

"I'm only tipping her because she has nice teeth"

That's right. My brother's birthday celebrations started at an Irish bar (I tipped the local performer to do Country Roads), included a strip club, and concluded with bowling.

"Not once, not twice, but thrice."
in reference to my friend's claim that the last three times he had heard Mariah Carey it was in a strip club (I just like the use of thrice in a strip club).

"You can tell a lot about a family by their chex mix...M&Ms in there, maybe a gay kid in the family."

Earlier today also included trips to the High Museum for Louvre Atlanta and the Botanical Gardens. I'm too drunk for other highlights/insights.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your hangover, if any, is a gentle one.

Either your family is much more relaxed about such things, or mine is far too uptight. I cannot imagine my sister going to a strip club with me. 'Course my 29th was almost two decades ago. Been a while since I went "Clubbing" too for that matter.

Which brings me to my point, if I have one. One of the best things about growing older is the chance to have no bullshit relationships with someone I have known all my life-a sibling. This is worth pursuing and I wish you well in your efforts to achieve one.

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, I'm having a problem imagining how that evening's conversation went:

"Y'know Meg, while I do enjoy looking at a stranger's goody bits with my sister, what I'm really in the mood for is bowling...."



--S.

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home