Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Monday, December 15, 2008

Things that suck

I know I shouldn't complain, what with getting my dream job in the midst of a crappy economy and feeling like a rock star for all of November all that, but still, this balancing out of karma or whatever is a bummer.

  • not even making it to the interview round for that fellowship I applied for - I know, it's a moot point, but still, that rejection e-mail stung
  • getting rejected, again, for a student paper award at our annual conference. bah humbug.
  • still not having an updated offer letter from my dream job - they sent the official one right away, within a week of my in-person interview, but then the boss and I negotiated salary, and no new offer letter. I brought it up while out at the retreat and he blinked and said oh, yeah, we'll get a new one out. No new letter. I mentioned it again to the secretary handling my reimbursement for the trip out to the retreat. She said she'd look in to it. No new letter. I e-mailed my boss about it again last week. He's looking in to it. I know it will be fine, but until I sign on that dotted line, I'm pretty freaking nervous.
  • dealing with my crappy TA - he flaked out at the end of the semester, and it's mostly all wrapped up now, final grades entered and whatnot, but I still have to deal with him - deciding whether to give him a satisfactory or unsatisfactory, discussing his performance with his advisor, and sitting through the in-person apology he feels compelled to give me.
All in all I'm just grumpy and out of sorts today. Thank goodness for an afternoon full of four year olds to bring me around.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The nice thing about things sucking now is that Christmas is almost here and you know things will turn around soon.
-A

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home