Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Success!

I finally sucked it up and went out and ordered lunch on my own today! I went back to a place we had eaten at before, to reduce the amount of translating I would need to do just to read the menu. And I managed to say good afternoon, sorry I only speak a little Spanish, lunch to go? The waitress spoke about as much English as I do Spanish, so between the two of us we worked out a salad, toast, and water to go. I even managed to do the math on the bill and pay without a big fuss. Feeling more confident, I went back out this afternoon for coffee and pastry, which was also a big success (though I fumbled a bit figuring out how much money pass over, it worked out ok). Already I feel so much more independent and less cooped up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home