Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Monday, July 14, 2003

I knew I was going to miss Mark and Carrie, I was “prepared” (much as anyone can be) that moving away from them would make me sad, that I would compare pretty much every living situation afterwards to the one we had, etc. Yet the overwhelming desire to be in that apartment again can spring up so suddenly and unexpectedly…I was scrolling through some e-mails, looking for an attachment I need for work, when I got to the section of messages from Carrie. Just skimming the subject lines, “25,000 what?” “x2,” and “Friday night?” reminded me how unfairly easy it used to be to see them. Just a little stroll to the other side of the apartment. A glance into the kitchen. Merely having to wait until the end of the day for one of them to come home. Instead of not knowing when I’ll have the chance to see them again. God I miss you guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home