Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Sunday, October 19, 2003

Hoorah! Homework took significantly less time than I expected, so now I can feel less guilty about spending the better part of yesterday wasted. Wasted might even be an understatement. We planned on going to the Decatur beer festival, but weren't one of the first 5,000, and thus couldn't get in. Since we were already in the mood to spend the afternoon drinking beer, we headed to Taco Mac for several pitchers. Then back to Cara's for beer pong. Where I learned that natty ice and I do not get along. A valuable lesson indeed. The only thing I sort of regret is that I think it might have appeared that I was fubared as a result of the previously posted quote. But the thing is I had already set aside saturday afternoon for drinking. Did half my homework that morning and everything so I could just relax and spend the afternoon with Cara and April. Anyway, Chris called while we were standing in line for the beer festival. And it was just so...weird, that I didn't really even feel much about it until the end of the day. I'm sure that's not entirely true, but I have been better lately about being honest with myself, and I really do believe that 90% of my drinking yesterday was not influenced by that phone call. And I just hate that it might have appeared that way (particularly to Chris himself, who came over to Cara's later that night) and just makes the whole thing (which is actually quite a small thing) seem so needlessly melodramatic. le sigh. Ah well. Such is life.

So in the past hour or two I've become completely addicted to Jamie's Kitchen. The Food Network is running a marathon and it's pretty engrossing. Jamie is opening a non-profit restaurant and teaching unemployed 20-somethings how to be chefs. Pretty cool idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home