Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Wow. I'm with Tom Tomorrow - I don't even know where to begin. According to this article, Rummy doesn't remember British Prime Minister Tony Blair claiming that Iraq could deploy WMDs in 45 minutes. Which would be ok, 'cause, you know, who can remember everything that another nation's leader says? Oh, this statement made headlines in every major newspaper at the time? Oh, this statement was part of a major scandal when a BBC report accused Blair of exaggerating? Well, I'm sure it just slipped his mind. But really, my favorite part is this quote (in response to a question about his belief of the British claim of WMD deployment in 45 minutes), "I'd have to see the statement. And to have an opinion, I would have to go ask the intelligence community as to what they thought at that time," he said. "Because what it is they thought very likely would be what it is I thought. And I'd have to go back and I don't know when the statement was made," he said.

And in the completely offensive category we have this "Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, asked about Tuesday's car bombing in Iraq that killed about 50 people, said there are murders in every major city in the world 'because human beings are human beings.'" Evidently our defense secretary is aiming for something slightly below human, or at least slightly below basic human decency.

On the side of good (and astonishing) we have Bill O'Reilly apologizing and the White House press corps doing their jobs.

As for me, I biked about 8 miles today (without actually going anywhere). And that's about the only thing I accomplished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home