Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Sunday, March 21, 2004

Andy and Travers stopped by my place this morning (ok, afternoon) and it made me really happy, even though I was still pajama-clad and had only been awake for about 20 minutes. Then a few minutes later April and Scott knocked on the door. I had forgotten how much I like it when people spontaneously show up to visit. Since practically everyone I know lives at Clairmont it just makes more sense for me to go there than to ask everyone to come here, but I miss playing hostess. So it was a good way to start the day. Then I went to the Urban Market where I looked at rooms full of things I couldn't afford, and bought a small bday gift for April and a new bright red vase for me. Too bad I can't really afford flowers to put in it. The two roses by the window will have to do this week. My current poverty level should be motivation to do my taxes, so I can hurry up and cash my refund check, but so far that has not been the case. In fact, I have yet to do much of anything productive today. Well, I did attend my NOW meeting and I did make food for the next few days. So I suppose I haven't been entirely worthless. Just mostly. Also, received e-mail from Brian today saying his wife had been matched for residency here at Emory, so the two of them will be moving to Atlanta soon! I hadn't quite realized how much I miss that kid until it occurred to me how happy that news made me. I think I'm a better student/researcher when I have him to bounce ideas off of. I blogged a long time ago that I felt like he was my first really satisfying professional relationship and I guess I haven't really found that since then. So it'll be good to have him around to nag and make fun of me again. All right, enough procrastination. I must read more papers about influenza or how the 2005 budget will affect medicaid or figure out how to run this SAS macro. One of those things must be accomplished by 9 pm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home