Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Wednesday, March 03, 2004

More gay marriage amendment craziness on the local level. The good news is the bill did not pass last week. The bad news is it'll probably come up for vote again today or tomorrow.

From Sadie Fields, chairman of the Christian Coalition of Georgia:
"I think some of these legislators are going to have a lot to answer for come this fall," Ms. Fields said. "If I was African-American, I would be furious that homosexuals are comparing what they want to do with civil rights."

And Representative Earnest Williams:
"You just can't equate sexual orientation to racial discrimination," Mr. Williams said. "You can make a choice of who you want in your bedroom, but you can't choose your skin color."

I'd love for him (or anyone else who makes this argument) to explain to me just when they chose to be heterosexual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home