Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Monday, November 01, 2004

Being a girl

I need to indulge in some girly babbling, else I'm bound to annoy all my friends. So if you hate that sort of thing, or it freaks you out coming from me, this is the entry to skip.

So I'm trying really hard to stay level-headed and not get too excited, but I really like this guy. Yes, I've known him for less than 48 hours. But I've spent a good eight or more of those hours just talking to him, and so far, I like what I know. Over coffee last night we talked about books and movies and family and schrodinger's cat and quantum physics and the human genome project and whether science is running out of solvable problems and changing the world. While he was telling a story about camping on sand dunes in Utah I said, Oh! Desert Solitaire! And he said, yes! Edward Abbey! Turns out we both desperately wanted to be park rangers after reading that book. We were just complete nerds last night, in this really satisfying, comfortable way. And on Saturday night when he proclaimed that he would like to call me sometime because I seem so cool (something I realized on Sunday he would have been far, far too shy to say without the help of alcohol) the reasons he listed included things like my knowledge of The Family Guy, my major in Statistics, and the fact that I read McSweeney's. How could I not be incredibly turned on by that? Oh, and did I mention that he teaches first grade?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice guy. :-)

Just dont get too ahead of yourself, dearie.

--Sid.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Thanks. At the moment, I think I'm at a happy medium between getting in over my head and nursing a healthy infatuation. :-)

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home