Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Gah! I am so behind the times! I didn't even know there was a new DMB album coming out! (by the way, Ahalya, the first single is American Baby, but I can't listen to it as the soundcard on my laptop got fried in the latest thunderstorm. sadness.)

1) Total volume of music files on my computer?
2.8 GB

2) The last CD I bought was:
Garden State soundtrack, and it's barely left my cd player since

3a) The last song I listened to before writing this was:
REM - Nightswimming

3b) Song playing right now:
nothing (see above-mentioned sadness re: soundcard). otherwise, the sound of my cell phone ringing

4) Five songs I listen to a lot or that mean a lot to me:
DMB - The Best of What's Around
Snow Patrol - Chocolate
Damien Rice - Delicate
Rufus Wainright - Hallelujah (the Jeff Buckley version is more heartbreaking, but I find the Rufus version more listenable on a repeat-basis)
Oasis - Whatever

5) Which 5 people are you passing this baton to, and why?
flashtopian because I always feel cooler listening to something she recommends
djbryan because he makes the best mix tapes (but I don't have any of them!)
shelbinator since he knows the best local music...well, second to Matt, but he doesn't have a LJ/blog
rinpaurwen because I always find her musical taste pleasantly surprising
And no one else because I'm out of friends to whom the baton hasn't already been passed. boo-hoo.

ps - I promise a real update soon. seriously.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto on posting about your life. You should check out adult contemporary top 40 radio. Was listening a bit during night shift and they played the Dave song 5 times in 2 hours.

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, that last comment was Ahalya

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home