Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

So I've been in a funk lately. This never-ending cold has kept me out of the gym for about three weeks, and if I'm going to stay off the Lex, I have to make some serotonin the old fashioned way. I'm a little slow on the uptake, but it finally dawned on me yesterday that maybe the reason I've been feeling like I can't breathe is because I haven't had a decent work out in ages. So I beat myself up at the gym for a while yesterday, repeated that this morning, and already am feeling better. Now, if I can just kick whatever this thing is (latest theory is allergies - apparently swollen, pale nasal passages means allergic reaction, swollen and pink means other infection), I'd be doing great.

In other news, therapy is going really well, if a bit rough. Funny how post-epiphany the thing about which you had such a startling realization begins to seem so obvious. Anyway, the short version is, apparently I've been dragging around a lot of family issues that I thought I had put away years ago. Now I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to really put them down for good that doesn't involve a painful conversation with the parents. Maybe if I keep writing down the hypothetical conversation, and make some more progress on imagining what they would say...

3 Comments:

Blogger blithering moron said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Now I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to really put them down for good that doesn't involve a painful conversation with the parents."

Wait, you can DO that?

Seriously, I'm unconvinced one can ever put their family issues behind them for good. We just end up making piece with the fact we're messed up. :-)

~El Syd

3:14 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Sid's right, I'll re-phrase - I'd like to figure out a way to live with the baggage that works better and more permanently than my last coping mechanism obviously did.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home