Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I can't bring myself to listen to the SotU carefully enough to blog anything about it. But to make myself feel better, I'll link to this ( it's a bumper sticker that says "How did your magnet support the troops? This sticker bought them body armor." there are t-shirts too.). Allegedly, all proceeds go to Bake Sales for Body Armor (which will have a website of its very own soon) which appears to be legit (more info at the link). More clicks brought me to this website, which opens with this quote:

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." -Teddy Roosevelt

Yep. That sounds about right.

Aw jeez, he just started talking about healthcare. Latest speculation in the Times is that he plans to take on a major overhaul, a la Clinton. Leave my profession alone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home