Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Friday, April 07, 2006

Crap. I've upset one of my friends. In a totally legitimate yet shouldn't really be a big deal kind of way. Friend told me they were upset, I apologized, should be the end of it. Yet...the incident happened over dinner last night, and although I didn't realize at the time what had happened, I definitely spent the dinner feeling out of place and came home in a real funk. Had one of those full-of-self-doubt evenings and spent some time consciously reminding myself that, darn it, people like me. It sucked. So now, confirmation that something did indeed go wrong last night makes me feel less insane, but I can tell that I'm all disproportionately screwed up about things now. I can't tell how much of it is me being wimpy about confrontation of any sort and how much of it might be pent-up upsetness spewing out. If it's the latter, obviously I need to do something...but given how vaguely upset I am right now, I can't really put my finger on specifically what my problem is. Fuck.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cor said...

Aw Hon, I'm sorry this is bothering you so much. I would just talk to the friend about it (if you haven't already) and you'll be able to sort things out, I'm sure of it. :)

7:56 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Thanks dear! Things are actually pretty well resolved. We talked and things are fine between us and I did some more reflecting and figured out why I was all bent out of shape and I think I'm ok now too.

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home