Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Big Weekend

Friday - watched Munich with Travers. Very troubling. Good, but upsetting. Wishing that I had watched it with Jess so I could get her take on things...definitely need more discussion to turn this one over in my head. Really hope Eric Bana got the acclaim he deserves for this one, because he was very impressive.

Saturday - watched the boys kick butt in kickball, worked a little, watched Clerks II, put in appearance at party. Clerks was surprisingly good. Given that I'm a pretty big Kevin Smith fan it shouldn't be a surprise, but sometimes he comes up a bit short in his mix of 12-year-old-boy-dick-and-fart-jokes and sweet friendship stuff (and we all know I'm a sucker for his particular brand of hetero love between two guys). Oh, and there's a scene with Jason Mewes that made me blush.

Sunday - woke up early, drove two hours into BFE northern GA (and, actually, a bit of NC too courtesy of my faulty directions) to float leisurely down the Toccoa River while sipping beer. Definitely could have done that all day. Instead, drove back into town to watch the boys play baseball (alas, they lost when the mercy rule ended the game at the 7th inning when they were down by more than 12 runs). Home to discover that the Dekalb water system has finally been cleared and I can stop boiling water/buying bottles. Hooray!

Beat. Shower, then bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home