Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Blah. Ladies night produces drunken pity party. Anyway. So the ladies came over yesterday and there was wine and cheese and chocolate and then The Devil Wears Prada and then Apres Diem for more wine and cheese and chocolate and coffee. The movie was pretty good. I wish Tracie Thoms had had a bigger role. I liked that the Miranda character seemed more redeemable in the movie version than the book. The brief Paris scenes reminded me just how much I need to travel again. Renewing my passport is back near the top of my to do list.

I wish I could get geared up to do anything today. I can afford the day off from work, but I should really putter around the house a bit - clean, run errands, etc. I can't even seem to get jazzed about going shopping...maybe today will just be a pajamas-on-the-couch sort of day. Too bad I've already plowed through most of my netflix movies. Watched Lord of War with Travers on Friday. Better than expected; I think they mis-marketed it.

4 Comments:

Blogger A White Bear said...

Was Rich Sommer good in DWP? I should see it, since we kind of know him, and that's exciting, but I don't know if I can bring myself to do it. Can I bear it, do you think?

11:58 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

He was fine, but such a small part, probably more worth renting to fast forward to his bits. I think Meryl Streep makes it watchable, but it would probably still drive you bonkers. They didn't handle the body image stuff nearly as well in the movie as the book, and that was particularly cringe-worthy (there's a moment when Hathaway and Tucci literally toast her going from a size 6 to 4, with absolutely no pausing or recognition of that as, you know, bad).

Oh, but I forgot to include in the main post (and this is totally unrelated to AWB's question) that there's a Broken Social Scene song on the sountrack, and that made Corrine and I very excited.

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was this your introduction to Tracie Thoms? I liked her better (including her look) in "Wonderfalls".
-A

2:12 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Yeah, I liked her a lot in Wonderfalls (I loved everyone in and everything about Wonderfalls) and was pleasantly surprised by her in Rent. So I was looking forward to her in The Devil Wears Prada, but the Lily character is much diminished (if you've read the book - Andy isn't her roomate in the movie and in general their friendship plays a much smaller part in the plot).

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home