Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

And then there was a ray of sunshine

So I'm plugging along, grading homework assignments, when right there, in the blank space for the extra credit problem, is a little personal note to me! One of my former students [Tom] must know one of my current students, and got him to leave a little note for him in the online form (ok, so it was actually a slightly vulgar reference to the time that one of his friends [matt] drunkenly (and inappropriately) confessed that he [matt] sometimes thinks about me while masturbating*. it goes with the female-geek territory). But still, it was well timed and brought a much-needed smile to my face. (my day actually got worse this morning - I had been comforting myself about the snarky student comments with the idea that my department knew I was doing a good job, then first thing today two professors made snarky comments! bah!)

*that sounds worse than it is. inappopriate or not, it actually became more of a way to make fun of matt than some sort of offensive reference to me. Oh yeah, and I teach grad students, so we're all approximately the same age. the note actually went like this - Megan - how many little soldiers have to die for you!? love, tom

Also, this is my 1,000th post. Ta-Da!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home