Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Thursday, September 20, 2007

I can't keep up this pace. My new favorite bookstore (where I'll be seeing Christopher Moore next weekend!) has dubbed this month Sleepless in September, and it really is like some weird karmic confluence of events or something. I swear 12 months of events are happening in these 30 short little days. Since Sunday evening I've only spent enough time at my house to catch a reasonable night's sleep; I've literally only seen my roommate for about 30 minutes out of the past 3.5 days. It's not all work (though there's plenty of that to go around too), and much of it is fun and interesting (Barbara Kingsolver tonight, the aforementioned Moore next weekend), but it seems everyone moved into a new house or is moving away from the state this month, so every evening and weekend is jam-packed with dinners and parties. I know, I know, oh woe is me. But I need some quality time on my couch in my pajamas!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sid said...

Well, you better keep up this pace a while longer! In about a week's time, I'm expecting you to rock out like a baby goat with Saffron and I.

~Sid

3:39 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

No worries dear! I'm laying low and recovering this weekend, so I'll be in full party mode for NYC! By the way, are we getting all dolled up for our big night out on Broadway?

11:43 AM  
Blogger Sid said...

Mmm... I dunno. I think so? Saffron said something about buying a new dress, so at least she is. I might have a suit somewhere amongst my crap here in Saudi that I can bring with me.

4:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home