Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Annoying

So it turns out that my brother's stupid wedding is a black tie affair at the fucking four seasons. So now not only do I have to fly to DC two days before I'm supposed to speak at a conference, but I'm supposed to plunk down money for a fucking ball gown just because my brother is a snob! Bah! Kate - I may find myself calling on you out in the burbs, just to put some distance between me and my family. Also, I'm definitely going to have to find a flask/garter belt combo. Or a larger purse...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When's the wedding?
-A

3:50 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

October

4:46 PM  
Blogger reyn said...

I wanted to take a flask to my brother's Unholy Union. Instead, I fashioned a stout wooden stake so that, should the succubus should show its true form, I could send it back to the bowels of hell.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

You're awesome. Though I am sorry that you're now legally related to the succubus.

I actually kind of like my brother's fiancee. Actually, it's my brother I'm not overly fond of these days...

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i say you are bang out of order. As a fellow pretentious prick, I think the black tie aspect is entirely acceptable. Further, I think you would look nice in said gown, and will likely have a good time. Lastly, I see no reason for the flask since it's an open bar.

Of course.

It could neither black tie nor in DC, no less both, without an open bar.

-jp

1:53 PM  
Blogger Katey said...

Not only are you welcome here in the 'burbs, but it would be AWESOME! And surely we could find this flask/garter belt combo... or make one ourselves...

And wrong post, but YAY WATCHMEN. It really is the BEST graphic novel... pretty much ever. Yeah. Oooh can't wait til you finish with it!

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home