Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Bald Kitty

So I'm a bad pet momma and ended up having to get my cat shaved. Actually, it's not totally my fault. I mean, it is, but it's also somewhat inevitable. Cleo is a mix of who knows how many types of cats, but there's got to be some persian in there, because she has this beautiful, bushy coat. Well, most of the time it's beautiful. Every summer it's a battle against tangles, and with me out of town for about three weeks this summer she turned into a totally dreadlocked kitty. So I finally had the vet shave her down yesterday. Now she looks like a weird cross between a bobble-head and a bat.

3 Comments:

Blogger Katey said...

I of all people know it's never wise to make light of a cat's dignity. Especially not a cat with actual dignity, unlike my mutant tank of a feline.

But ha! Oh Cleo...

10:07 AM  
Blogger A White Bear said...

I screamed a little when I saw this picture, thinking about how humiliated our darling Cleo must be. Poor sweetheart. Is she freaking out?

12:26 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Actually, she's taking it shockingly well. I can't figure out if she just doesn't associate me with this happening to her (I 'rescued' her from the mean people who shaved her) or if she was really so uncomfortable (matted hair can irritate the skin, eventually leading to infections, hence the necessity of shaving) that this is preferable, but she's totally happy! Frolicking around the apartment like a kitten and being super cuddly and purr-y. It's weird. But I'm relieved. I was seriously worried about permanently traumatizing her.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home