Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I miss the West Wing

I know it's ridiculous and preaching to the choir and idealistic and exaggerated, but damnit, with a socio-political climate like this one, some days I just need to wrap myself up in Aaron Sorkin's world. The other side has Fox News, I have WW (even if the first link is via Dowd).

One in five children live in the most abject, dangerous, hopeless, backbreaking, gut wrenching, poverty, one in five, and they're children. If fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely, the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says 'We shall give our children better than we ourselves had.' I voted against the bill 'cause I didn't want it to be hard for people to buy milk. I stopped some money from flowing into your pocket. If that angers you, if you resent me, I completely respect that. But if you expect anything different from the President of the United States, I suggest you vote for somebody else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home