Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Monday, October 13, 2008

After my good night last night I wandered upstairs to discover e-mail from the parents saying that my great aunt Fran died. She was always one of my coolest relatives - a college graduate, when women weren't exactly welcome at most colleges, and an artist, and a wicked sense of humor, to match her husband's. They were married for 67 years! Sixty seven years! We should all be so lucky. Should you feel so inclined, toss a few dollars toward House of Hope or Florida United Methodist Children's Home in memory of a great lady.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. Sixty-seven is too soon to lose someone.
-A

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry; I misread that. That's a rare and wonderful thing--a 67 year marriage. I'm sure she'll be missed.
-A

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home