Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Book update
(sorry, finally submitted a fellowship app, so playing catch-up on ye olde blog now that I got part of my brain back)

I finally finished Watchmen (it took me shamefully long to plow through a couple hundred pages of excellent, haunting, troubling, challenging story). Despite high expectations, it managed to live up to hype. If you're the type to be scared off by graphic novels, get over it, and read Watchmen. Hurry, before the movie comes out and ruins it!

I have managed to start In the Name of the Rose, but clearly won't be able to finish it in time. Nevertheless, I'm headed to the Eco lecture tomorrow and Tuesday.

And in response to one of the books a little further down on my To Read list, Reyn sent me this, which is a nice summary of the kind of argument I am (hopefully) no longer susceptible to.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben Ostrowsky said...

What a fool I am for not reading your blog immediately. I'd have loved to go to these lectures!

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home