Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Now that I've (mostly) recovered from the sobbing hysterical mess I was this afternoon, I've moved from panic-stricken to pissed off - how is it possible that no member of my committee bothered to read my proposal thoroughly enough to notice that I was using the wrong estimate to measure performance? Sure, I should have known, but they should have, you know, DONE THEIR FUCKING JOBS prior to one of my committee members off-handedly saying to me today, "You expect to graduate soon? You have a lot of work to do, in a little time."

Imposter syndrome, thy name is today.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephen said...

Oh Lord, I'm sorry. Good luck! I'm sure it will turn out alright.

6:02 PM  
Blogger amelia said...

your committee members fucked up. i hope they apologize, and profusely. i totally hear you on the impostor syndrome, but seriously? fight it. i know lots of people who think you are the bomb and are not going to stop over something like this.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Aw, thanks.

The advisor straightened most things out today (because she totally rocks and always has my back). And the therapist lectured me on having confidence in myself independent of external feedback, be it positive or negative. So, you know, growing and learning and all that jazz.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home