Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Do I have your copy of Choke?

In attempting to pare down my giant book collection yesterday I discovered that I have two copies of Choke. Is one yours?

Have I mentioned that Anathem is totally awesome?
"Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."
"Okay, I'll go home and see if I can scrounge up a ruler and a piece of string."
"That'd be great."
CDs

Once I get all my CDs loaded into itunes, is there any reason to hang on to them? I pretty rarely play a CD itself these days, and I'm just thinking that's one more box to put on the moving van...

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephen said...

I absolutely loved Anathem!

Steve

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too am ditching my cds after I backup my iTunes (a gargantuan task as I still have several unlabeled tracks). Do you have a start date for your new job? Let me know if you'd like neighborhood recommendations.
-A

6:42 PM  
Blogger reyn said...

CDs survive EMP attacks, and can play in my car with fewer cables than my iPod. I keep my CDs.

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should shred the CD's too - to guarantee nobody uses them illegally one day.

(also burn all your books once you have them on your kindle - 95% of your moving challenges MET!)
-jp

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home