Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Sunday, November 16, 2003

Ok, so just yesterday I responded to Sid's comment with the suggestion that perhaps analogies to previous wars were more informative when applied to what's happening socially and politically here in America rather than the actual combat in Iraq. Then this morning I read this rather compelling editorial. I must admit that I know very, very little about military strategies (um...absolutely nothing?), but this guy's points seem mostly valid. Except when he starts suggesting that enlisting more local Iraqi help would also enable them "...to try some of the strong-arm tactics that our own scrupulously legalistic armed forces shy away from." Oops. And the part where he suggests that we mimic Vietnam programs that resulted in the My Lai massacre. Ok, so maybe half his points are valid. Either way, interesting read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home