Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Thursday, December 11, 2003

Wow. You really have to hand it to those credit card companies. They really do have some brilliant ideas when it comes to taking your money. Oh, I suppose technically it's my fault. You see, I never pay much attention to that little percentage rate for finance charges, because I pay my bill in its entirety every month and never carry a balance. At least, I thought I never carried a balance. Turns out that even though my due date is 30 days after the end of a billing cycle, my "grace period" is only 25 days long. They make it sound so nice. My "grace period." Those 25 days during which they won't charge you for carrying a balance. So even though I pay my bill "on time" every single month, that apparently isn't really "on time." So when my check arrives the day before it's due, I've actually been carrying a balance for 4 days. What?! Sheer brilliance. Now, if only I could convince the university to pay me 5 days' worth of interest on my stipend check every month. "Oh sure, Emory. Technically I don't get paid until the last Friday of every month. But you see the grace period ended on Monday." Ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home