Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Sunday, April 25, 2004

The Silver Lining

So it turns out my brother marched with Mom this afternoon. So that's my silver lining. Because if I had made it to the march it would have turned into a mother-daughter thing. And lovely as that would have been, I think it's awesome that it turned into a mother-son thing instead. My brother has demonstrated some chauvanistic-tendencies in the past, and I have frequently felt that he takes advantage of Mom. So taking part in this, and being there to witness Mom taking part in something that is so obviously important to her...well, I think a lot of good can come of that. I think it's important that Brad see her as a complete individual in her own right, not just His Mom. And I'm sure he saw that today. And I'm glad.

I still feel a little heartsick when I tell other people how awesome Mom said the march was, and when I read personal accounts about the march online...it would hurt less if I had decided months ago that I couldn't attend. But planning to all along, and getting so far as to sit on the bus, and then not being there....hopefully I can turn that into appropriate anger and positive action tomorrow once I get the names and phone numbers of the bus company people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home