Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Sunday, April 24, 2005

A Community of Scholars

Yeah, that phrase makes me want to gag too. Nevertheless, I like that my group of friends consists of such a combination of talents and interests that whenever I run up against something I don't know, I have personal resources available. And likewise, that I can be a resource. I love that while working on this presentation I ran into some genetics terminology that I don't understand, so over beers last night I mentioned that I need a general explanation of gene transcription and four different people were able to chime in and loan me references. I love that mark called me last night with a probability question (even though I wasn't able to answer it). I love that while waiting for our respective hair appointments yesterday afternoon Kathy and I were going over the final model for her thesis. I love that Steve posted about Celestial currents and the instability of LaGrange points with a question about some simplifying assumptions in the problem and Smike was about to jump in with a choerent explanation. What can I say? I love being a nerd, surrounded by other nerdy types.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, super, great, fanfuckingtastic. Now if one of you nerds would pony up a goddamn dissertation topic for me now that the hypothesis of T-stress/critical resolved shear stress interactions causing interspecimen fracture discrepancies is bunk, I'd be really freakin' thrilled.

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home