Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Happy Rex Manning Day!

That actually has nothing to do with what I was going to post about, but Jennings im-ed it to me, and it made me smile. So there you go.

Anyway, what I was going to say was that my previous post was rather passive-aggressive, despite the fact that I pride myself on rarely resorting to such methods. You see, the previous post is the kind of outburst that would ordinarily get relegated to my private journal. The thing is...I haven't really been ok this summer. Some days I've been closer to ok than others, but overall I've been fairly messed up. And I feel like I've been talking about that a lot here, too much actually, but maybe I'm too nonchalant about that in conversation, maybe I'm not good at expressing myself. Some people are good at calling me on such bullshit, others, not so much. Either way, the situation is, I'm not good at saying no to people, I like to be there for my friends, but I'm just not in a place where I can keep doing that right now. Please don't misinterpret me - if there's a crisis, I'm still your girl. You know I answer the phone anytime, day or night. But if it's perhaps something less than a crisis...well, I just can't be strong dependable Megan right now. (in fact, I'm sort of trying to learn how to be someone perhaps slightly less strong and dependable) So rather than having a series of awkward, uncomfortable conversations, I'm simply making this (perhaps inappropriate) public disclaimer. So there you have it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not today! Not on Rex Manning Day!

Hey Megan? If my last comment came off as overly harsh, I'm sorry... I meant it as sardonic humor from the Hindu who's awful bitter about his own family. I clearly have nothing constructive to say about family relations, so you do whatever you think works best for you. You've got plenty of support from friends who care about you. Oh, and juice boxes of hard cider from me.

Journals, even online ones, are for narcisscism. They're for talking about yourself. To do otherwise is to write for an audience, which means you're suddenly writing fiction. So, be petty if you feel like it. Be passive aggressive. Be Pollyanna-ish. Be whatever.

In summary, more Empire Records quotes:

"Shock me shock me shock me with that deviant behavior." -Gina

"Who glued these quarters down?" -Warren "I did!" -A.J. "What the hell for man?!" -Warren "I don't feel that I need to explain my art to you Warren." -A.J.

"Jane, did you compare the percentage of teenage male Rex Manning fans, to the incidents of homosexuality amongst teenage males?"-Lucas

(I thought that last one was kinda public-health-Megan-statistic-y)

~Cyd

p.s.

(If you don't want a juice box, I can always make you brownies using my special recipe, and you know what that means..... extra sugar).

1:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheer up Megs at least you're not bipolar!

Joe: Lucas

Lucas: Joe

Joe-Where's the money?

Lucas-Joe, the money is gone...

Joe-I know the money is gone, where's it gone to...

Lucas-Atlantic City...

Joe-Atlantic City... is it coming back from Atlantic City?

Lucas-um... I don't think so, Joe

Joe-What's it doing in Atlantic City?

Lucas-Recirculating....

5:49 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

No worries Sid - not too harsh.

And yay for Empire Records quotes! Wow, that really makes me want to go watch that movie instead of going to work...

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home