Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Monday, November 28, 2005

Blarg. So I have this friend. And she's in this relationship with this guy who has lied to her in the past and generally just not treated her right. And they've hashed things out and supposedly things are different now. And maybe I've just had too many friends in unhealthy relationships, but I just can't escape the feeling that she's different now than she was before this relationship. And now...well, now there's this situation that's resulting in her spending less time with our group of friends, and maybe I am just paranoid but it seems a lot to me like the sort of manipulative thing guys pull when they're trying to isolate their girlfriends. And she's got a good head on her shoulders, and she knows some of her friends are concerned...and I've spoken to other friends who've gotten out of bad relationships and they say to focus on "I" (I miss when we hang out, I wish we spent more time together, etc. etc.) and not so much on "him," which I've been doing...but I'm worried, you know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home