Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Thursday, December 08, 2005

The Birthday

Was fabulous, many thanks to everyone! Started the day with therapy, then a little 'shopping therapy,' the departmental holiday party (spiked eggnog!), school mixer at Twains (free beer!), and too many mixed drinks at Limerick Junction. Yeah, by now I should clearly know better than to mix so much, but it was my birthday and people were buying me drinks, so what's a girl to do? I remember that I chugged my car bomb like a champ, and managed to finish off a Long Island Iced Tea, but pretty much everything after that is fuzzy. Fortunately Anna and Lindsey made sure I got home ok and left water by my bed, which is where they left me, but I still woke up at 5 this morning curled up on my bathroom floor. The only advantage to puking your guts out - the hangover the next morning is much less brutal. I won't say I'm getting too old for this, because I love birthdays, but will it be sad if I'm celebrating in the same fashion ten years from now?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The answer: no. Just don't let the kiddies see.

5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home