Gymno

succumbing to peer pressure

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

He may have seen me naked, but I'm no one special

Sometimes the truth hurts. And sometimes it sets you free. Ok, that cliche nearly made me vomit. But I've had one too many glasses of wine to care. So therapy this morning was awesome. Seriously, we should all be in therapy. At least, that's my opinion. I had one of those A-Ha! moments, a moment that makes several other aspects of my life and personality make sense. The whole thing is cliche - it goes back to my early childhood, to my relationship with my mother...and it explains half the entries in my journal since high school. Which is...nice. And hard. Of course. So my task for the holidays is to notice when I need or want things. Not to even begin to think about acting on them. But to be aware and acknowledge them. Maybe I should start a new blog? Needing and Wanting. Wouldn't that be amusing? /dripping sarcasm

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, there's an inscription at the entrance to the CIA with the quote, "You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free," but I hear they are changing it out with new marble just to read "The truth hurts," in line with their grades from the 9/11 Commission.

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Random comment in response to the Shelbinator: the motto of the CIA is, indeed, the Truth shall set you free. The Mossad has a much scarier one, though: by way of deception, thou shalt wage war.

/shiver

~S.

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home